The Dance

Years' ago, I found myself at a house party. The crowd was wild and merry. The girls had come with their men.

I was not sure what to do-not that I was not having a good time. The music was great and we all danced for a while. When the partners disappeared, and I did not have a date that evening, it left me wondering what to do. A little scared too.

Then this tall good looking guy walks up to me and asks me if I would like to dance. I was not so sure. I suppose he must have sensed that, for he assured me it will be alright.

We slow danced to the haunting tunes of the Saxaphone for a long time. It was so warm and gentle. 

No, I was not in love with him or neither he, with me. We enjoyed the dance and the moment.

Some people are like that I think. They don't stay forever; but the few moments you spend with them lives in your heart for a lifetime. 

The memory of that dance lives on, leaving a warm glow that lights up your soul,  every time you are back on that old familiar trail.

(Photograph: Taken during my first trek to Hemkund Sahib; Copyrighted)

Comments

  1. Someone once said " Dancing with your feet is something ,but dancing with your heart is another "

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts